Floating is not suitable if you have any of the following:
- Large open wounds, small wounds can be protected with Vaseline, which is available in the treatment rooms.
- In case of heart functioning problems. (only with the written consent of the attending doctor)
- For epileptics (only with the written consent of the attending doctor)
- For those suffering from kidney failure
- For those suffering from balance problems (e.g. Meniere's disease)
- If you are more than 8 months pregnant. Flotation tanks have been used and studied since the 1950s, and have not been found to have negative effects related to pregnancy.
- During menstruation, floating is possible, like when visiting a spa.
- Floating is not suitable with a new tattoo, wait for the tattoo to heal before floating. If you have dyed your hair, wait 2 weeks before floating.
If you doubt whether floating is suitable for you, talk to your doctor.